Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thailand News: Turning a Blind Eye to Local Produce...

Banned Thai political drama Shakespeare Must Die , directed by Ing K, will be among the films screening in the Asian Competition section of the 6th Cinema Digital Seoul Film Festival (CinDi).

The director said at the opening ceremony:

I thank CinDi for inviting my film even though they had to ship it under a secret name -- Teenage Love Story -- because the film is banned in Thailand, where people live in fear. I'm suing the government so I shouldn't even be here.

We are fighting because in Thailand, directors have less than human rights. But I promise Shakespeare Must Die is not boring. I made it like a Mexican soap opera and a Thai horror film. You can see it, even though Thai people can't see it.

 

23rd August  Update: Ethically Correct... Thai TV censors want to wean viewers off ethically incorrect TV soaps Link Here

See article from nationmultimedia.com



View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment